Sunday, September 17, 2006

"What was your favorite part of today"?


This is the question we ask at our dinner table now that we have a 3 year old. My answer for today was a simple but perfect moment.

As Aaron was slugging away t-balls this morning the rain came in. No one wanted to go inside so we opened up the back of the SUV and all climbed in and watched the rain. As the dark sky rumbled, Aaron commented that Mr. Brown was making thunder. If you have ever read Dr. Seuss I'm sure you understand...

It was a reminder that the small and unexpected moments in life are always the best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the rain. As I was out in Illinois country yesterday, I sat on the porch and watched the rain for a good hour. No need to make conversation, rush around. Just watch and enjoy.

I met Mr. Brown on Saturday. Thanks to Aaron for enlightening my world!