Thursday, September 21, 2006

Rude people... and there are a lot of them

Ok, I told myself when I started this blog that I would keep it positive. No whining, complaining, venting, etc. But I can't take it anymore, I am so appalled by how rude people are.

So I just got back from Target and the woman in front of me was on her phone through her entire purchase. Never looked at the cashier, never smiled to say hello. Oh wait, she did at one point in the middle of her phone call order the cashier to put her lamps in bigger bags. Seriously. What is wrong with people?

RUDE RUDE RUDE. I'm so sick of it. What has happened to general pleasantries like smiling, saying hello and thank you?

I know one could argue with me that I just need to worry about myself- why do you care what other people are doing? Ok fair, but it infuriates me to see people so incredibly self-absorbed that they can't say hello to the person behind the counter.

I'm thankful that back in my highschool and college days when I was the cashier that cell phones did not exist. If someone did that to me I think I would have just stopped in mid stride and sat there till they got off the phone. Or even better, just started carrying on a conversation with them loudly so they were dazed and confused.

2 comments:

Beldy said...

Ah, the cell phone. The stealer of freedom, of free time, of wandering thoughts. No one spends time alone anymore - no need to - everyone can be connected, talking to someone or with someone all the time.

Oh yeah - rude! And then, on top of it all, we have to hear their conversations? We are a party to their conversations. And they don't care. They talk as though to include us. Like we care.

Nope.
Guess we need some kind of tee shirt in protest, or something.

Maybe they should have a checkout line for cell talkers only. Hmmmm....

Becs said...

I thought it was just a Jersey thing. I'm very sad to learn rudeness has spread to the heartland because now it means I have no escape....