Tuesday, September 19, 2006

It's not about the door



When I took this picture in Montpellier, France I felt silly. "Why am I taking a picture of a door"? Now, it's one of my favorite pics.

I had just gotten done with a perfect dinner and decided to walk into the heart of Montpellier. It was 9:30 in the middle of the week and the city center was full of activity- the restaurants, sidewalks, stairsteps and benches were full of people soaking up life and each other.

I'm ready to go back. I feel like I need to return- reground myself. Take more time to sit and soak it all in. And take more pictures!!

3 comments:

Beldy said...

ohmigosh, I agree.
To return with a digital and 2 gigs of memory.
To know, to sense now what would make a fine picture (everything!)To return to France, just to see it, see it as a photographer, an artist - with no schedule.

It's odd to hear people snort and rant against the French. I mean, it happens often. I hold my tongue. Having lived there changes everything.

Wouldn't it be nice to spend even a long weekend there?

Anonymous said...

I sense a girl's trip! Now that would be cool. All of us with our cameras, our eyes? Oh the pictures we would have.

Dorion Rose said...

If anyone understands your door picture I certainly do! When I walk around Montpellier I can take a hundred pictures of doors and rooftops and walls. I love the ancient textures and colors.

Thank you for your kind words about my blog eyeseefrance.