Monday, October 02, 2006

Should we jump?


Ok, so there is a house in a little town called Defiance, MO that has been quietly grabbing our attention for months now. So we finally decided, instead of looking at it online all the time why don't we actually go look at IT. Uh Oh.

Anneabelle loves the house- now fondly renamed the "treehouse". It's on 3 acres of beautiful woods with a view out the back that would make anyone pause for a second to take it in. Is it perfect? No, but it's quite close to perfection for me. Small, but not too small. Different, but not too different. And did I mention the view?

We talk all the time about moving out to the middle of nowhere on land. It's on our official list of "things we want to do". But now that we have the opportunity it's a little scary.

There are little voices in the back of my head saying this is a bit crazy and then there is a really loud voice saying "DO IT!" Stay tuned....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd be willing to drive to Defiance still. Sounds great!

Anne said...

Yes that is the house. And the acreage is stunning.

My passionate side says "GO" and my practical said says "Aaron won't have a neighborhood to run around in and no streets to ride his bike on". Although the Katy Trail is just 3 miles away.

I grew up in the woods, with treehouses and adventures. I think it was one of the best parts of my childhood.

Decisions, decisions....