Saturday, October 14, 2006

Oreo's


Somebody stop me. Seriously. I can't stop (ok, let me rephrase that- don't want to stop) eating the Double Stuff Oreo's.

And I can confirm it's all my son's fault (see- you can blame your kids). He has a book from the library about counting Oreo's and ever since I have been buying them. Instead of counting them, I just eat them.

Oh no, I couldn't just get the regular Oreo's. I had to get the mother of all Oreo's- the Double Stufferoo. I can only imagine what my husband was thinking as he saw them slip into our cart again at Target today. Of course, I offered up the obligatory, "look they are on sale".

Did you know they make an excellent appetizer? I can attest that 3 of them before Pizza night makes a well balanced meal.

Some of the things we loved as a kid (i.e. Ramen noodles, Chunky soup, Fruit Rollups) now thankfully fall into the category of "did I really use to eat those"? But some of the childhood addictions slipped right on through to adulthood- Doritos, Taco Bell, Fruity Pebbles and the dreaded OREO.

I must stay strong. But I won't. What's the fun in that? I really need to return that library book.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

May I suggest the Halloween double stuff Oreo? Beautiful Halloween colors (orange & black) with the usual goodness of an Oreo. Don't feel bad. ManMate and I have fallen prey to them as well... we do cookies & milk while watching Sopranos.